EXECUTIVE SECRETARY - TAX DEPARTMENT
Under the direct supervision of the Director, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the tax department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, exercises good judgment in the receipt, processing, and response to important internal and external inquiries, requests, and correspondence, often of a time sensitive, critical and confidential nature. Performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. Also recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the direction of engagements and/or projects and the proper performance of fieldwork, while beginning to establish a more personal and direct working relationship with clients and reporting progress to Principals and supervisors. The ideal candidate will be a team player who has a desire to expand their accounting knowledge.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from clients.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for bank loans and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AFN&W provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.