The Accounting Internship is a paid student internship during summer and potentially continuing on a part-time basis through the academic year. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Code cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Make journal entries and adjusting journal entries.
- Complete fixed asset schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepare workpapers and client schedules.
- Perform administrative tasks such as binder changeover, contacting clients, filing, etc.
- Communication Proficiency orally and in writing.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Must be available to work up to 20 hours per week during academic year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer (June – September).
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local University with a major or concentration in Accounting.
- Junior or Senior level, with current GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).